Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Writting a blog

I was kind of lethergic today. I was torn between going to see my

therapist or staying at home to update my blog.

It worries me so much that I have this self-satisfaction being around my home.

Several times I have psychoanalysed myself but each time I ended up

without answers. That is why I said that I would make the most out of

writing this blog.

Blog writting is not easy. First you have to think of topics that will

captivate your readers. Next you will have to generate the readers all by

yourself.

After six days into blog writting people are yet to read my posts.

In my naivety I thought that I will get readers as fast as I had google

posting ads on my blog .

How wrong I was. Iam yet to get one "passing reader".

Challenged by this , I decided to check out ways other bloggers generated

their readers.

I was advised to do some or all of the following.

1 Sign up on networking forums

2 Read other blogs and leave your comment attaching a link to your site

3 Ping my posts(very important)

4 Attach my site link onn every outgoing email.

5 Join social networks like facebook,twitter and post you link

6 Use Google webmaster tools

7 Pay some networks to drive traffic to your site.

8 Finally write,publish and update useful and rich topics.

I have followed some of these guides and Iam waiting patiently for my

first reader.

1 comment:

Anji said...

I'm here! Another tip is that you need time. It takes a while to make a friendship, the same goes for blogging.

I found you via Blogexplosion. The waiting list for approvals is two months. Why not have a look at http://exposeyourblog.com ? Your blog needs to be 10 days old, but it should be approved within hours. You'll need to change your comments set up as this type breaks frames. From your dashboard, look in settings and click on comments and you'll see where to change it.